In the last 10 years, smartphones have gone from expensive replacements for flip phones to multifunctional devices that we take everywhere and check dozens of time each day. With its ability to help with work-related tasks, the smartphone is a cross-functional tool in our digital lives. A big reason why is the variety of apps we download on a regular basis. The apps we download are what make our smart phones unique to us. We entrust our data to these apps in exchange for their use. But what happens when it is violated? In recent years, major apps have been the center of massive intrusions from hackers and data breaches that have left our private data exposed.
To help keep our private data safe, here are some tips to consider in making sure the information on your phone data isn’t vulnerable – whether you’re connected to your small business’s network or checking your banking.
1. Keep Apps Updated – The easiest thing you can do to protect your smartphone from intrusion is to make sure that the application you’re using is the latest version.
2. Only Install Apps From Official Sources – In addition to keeping apps updated, it’s important to only download apps from official sources.
3. Pay Attention When Granting Permissions – When downloading an app, make sure you are paying attention when granting permissions. It’s likely you’ve just accepted any and all permissions it requested.
4. Update Your Password On A Regular Basis – Since most services require you to log in before using them, it’s imperative that your passwords are secure and being update on a regular basis.
5. Be Careful Using Public Wi-Fi – Information sent through public Wi-Fi is accessible to everyone else who has access. You’re safer using your phone carrier’s cellular network or your home’s password-protected internet connection.
During the last decade, smartphones have made an enormous impact on our lives. It is quite obvious that smartphones are becoming people’s third hand as we are using them for pretty much everything nowadays. As a result, cybercriminals put their undivided focus on the smartphone as it seems like the best tool to penetrate into lives of billions of smartphone users all over the globe. Stay safe!
Check Point’s Sandblast Mobile is the leading Mobile Threat Defense (MTD) solution, which provides complete threat detection and mitigation, full visibility, the best mobile catch rate and simply deployment. By integrating with all market-leading MDM/UEMs, Sandblast Mobile adds a critical layer of security to these solutions by covering all vectors of attack.
- Protects workers using mobile devices from malware, Man-in-the-Middle attacks, OS exploits, and phishing attacks
- Is powered by Check Point’s ThreatCloud, the largest IOC database in the world
- Prevents phishing on all apps, on both known and unknown phishing sites
- Completely assures user privacy and device performance
Register now to receive a FREE Check Point Sandblast Mobile Demo. CLICK HERE to learn how you can reduce your attack surface.
*The above is advice for personal use only. If you are looking for a Password Manager or a Privileged Access Management solution for a business, we would be happy to talk and to share with you our experience and technology solutions. Contact SEGMENTECH Today!