Cloud computing refers to running workloads remotely over the internet in a commercial provider’s data center, also known as the public cloud model. It is a virtualized pool of resources, from raw compute power to application functionality, available at the touch of your fingers. When consumers obtain cloud services, the provider fulfills the requests using automation rather than manual provisioning. Today, Cloud Computing services have completely replaced hard drive technology. A Cloud Computing service is providing services like Storage, Databases, Servers, networking and software. Some popular cloud services include Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud.
The benefits of cloud computing are driving more businesses and enterprises around the world to invest in cloud-powered applications and services that are quite popular at the moment. Here are the top 5 cloud computing trends we predict to see more of in 2021.
1. Multi-Cloud Approach – Empowers organizations to distribute their workloads across multiple cloud environments. This approach allows organizations to mitigate risks associated with individual cloud environment at a fraction of the cost. This method is predicted to create widespread growth and adoption of multi-cloud infrastructure solutions in the future.
2. Serverless Computing – Originally created by Google Cloud, Serverless Computing is another trend currently being discussed in Cloud Computing. This model is based on the pay-as-you-go method. Serverless Computing allows a user to upload programs, run them at any scale, and pay only for their resource being used. It also allows users to write and deploy code without the hassle of worrying about the underlying server infrastructure.
3. Growth of Hybrid & On-Prem Cloud – Refers to when users pick and choose the individual elements offered by service providers. It has been proven that choosing between public, private or hybrid cloud environments can be quite challenging. When it comes to flexibility, performance, security and compliance, some organizations may struggle in deciding which route is better suited for them. Hybrid or multi-cloud environments have grown in popularity, leading to a situation where providers have begun to reassess their models.
4. Edge Computing Platform – Edge Computing is transforming the way data is being handled, processed and delivered from millions of devices around the world. It refers to computing that is done near the source of the data, instead of relying on the cloud at one of the hundreds of data centers to complete all the necessary work.
5. AI will Revolutionize Cloud Capabilities – Artificial Intelligence and Cloud Computing have merged to improve the lives of millions around the world. Digital assistants like Siri, Google Home and Alexa from Amazon, blend AI and Cloud Computing in our lives every day. It offers businesses more flexibility and cost savings by hosting data and applications in the cloud. Artificial intelligence capabilities are now merging with Cloud Computing, and helping companies manage their data, recognize patterns, deliver customer experiences, and optimize workflows.
Cloud Computing is just one of the top technology trends that will transform our society over the upcoming years. Most of the top trends indicate a strong growth for the cloud. Solutions delivered over the cloud will become more effective, versatile and accessible as we set foot into 2021. It has become as crucial to the information environment as it has to consumer’s lives. It will keep on being a fundamental objective for companies searching for increased scalability, business continuity and cost efficiency in 2021.